This Spring, treat your family with a special dinner of Roast Duck and Dandelion Greens. Although it’s not often seen on the menu in my home, when I prepare and serve this dish, it’s a simple celebration. The greens not only compliment the duck with their earthy flavor, but they cleanse the liver too! And who doesn’t love roasted potatoes?
One whole duck
One bunch of dandelion greens, rinsed well
One pound red potatoes, quartered
Four cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Half of a lemon, juiced
1. Brine duck for 3 hours in the fridge; amply cover with cold water, 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup salt.
2. Takeout of brine, put a little melted butter on it, 1 tbs garlic powder, 1 tbs onion powder, salt and pepper
3. Place in roasting pan, put duck in your 325 degree preheated oven. Cook 3 hours, jack temperature up for final 10 minutes to brown skin.
1. Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat, put greens in oil, toss a few times.
2. Add finely chopped garlic cook for 2 minutes, finish with lemon juice.
1. Toss potatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper
2. Roast long and low to accommodate the duck in the oven (about 45 min)
Chop Chop in The Pot!! It’s who I am, It’s what I do!!
Happy Spring from The Fuller Farmer.