Veterans Day

The table set for the Fallen Soldier has become a tradition in our family.

I’d love to share the significance behind the setting, so that on this Veterans Day you can honor soldiers at home as well. Once your table is set and your candle is lit, hold a moment of silence for our Soldiers who are POW/MIA.

The table cloth is white; symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call to serve.
A folded American Flag to represent our nation’s strength and unity.
The single red rose signifies blood shed while protecting our freedom.
A slice of lemon reminds us of their bitter fate.
A pinch of salt symbolizes the fallen tears
The lighted candle reflects our hope for their return; alive or dead.
The glass is inverted, to symbolize their inability to share a toast.
The chair is empty – they are missing.

Thank you to all the men and women who protect our freedom. I honor you.

8 Comments

Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.

Grantreply
May 26, 2014 at 05:05 PM

Nice. I like the show.

Janicereply
May 26, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Thank you for explaining the table Mrs. Fuller. It is a wonderful thing. I truly enjoy your show and learn something new every week. I made your butter cracker pork chops tonight, my kids Loved them!

God Bless.

Debbyreply
May 27, 2014 at 03:05 PM

Nancy, or family LOVES your show!!! We enjoy your humor and your attitude about the ease of cooking. Thank you for your love of food and country! Where did you get your salt rock? Is it a rock or a shell?
God Bless You can you share your life and rules with all of us.

Mama Modernoreply
May 27, 2014 at 05:05 PM

Thank you for sharing this beautiful heartfelt tradition. God Bless

Linda Doddreply
May 27, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I loved this show, my grandson just graduated High School and is joining the Marines. This particular show was near and dear to my heart! I tried your butter crusted pork chops this weekend and we loved them. Delicious!!!
I’m eating the leftovers tonight for my dinner. I’m trying the apple cheddar pie this coming weekend! Yum Yum
You keep making great shows and I’ll keep watching.

LD

Lizreply
June 03, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Simply a beautiful sentiment. I felt this very deeply, and I appreciate you sharing this.

goodfoodcomesfromtheheartreply
August 02, 2014 at 04:08 PM
– In reply to: Liz

Well said Liz! I have a son in the Navy. Words cannot express when emotions take over.
I think Nancy’s cooking isn’t the only thing that’s extraordinary about her.

Rosereply
August 11, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I love your show and I’m very glad you’re continuing for another season. Love your recipes. I’m an experienced cook so it’s nice to have someone who is not trying to sell a sandwich.