- 4 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- decorations as desired
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, allspice and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in eggs and water, mixing well. (Dough will be stiff, but don’t add more water!).
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll to 1/8” thickness onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut with assorted cookie cutters.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Frost as desired with confectioners’ sugar icing.
- Decorate with colored sugar, cinnamon drops and bits of candied fruit.
- Makes 10-12 dozen cookies.
Shop & Support
Support Local Businesses & Artisans