- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 16 ounces sliced almonds
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Butter four 9″ foil pie plates.
- Put butter, sugar, honey and cream in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add nuts.
- Stir to keep mixture from separating as you pour it into prepared pans.
- Using back of spoon, or fingers dipped in cold water, pat mixture evenly over bottoms of pans (toffee should be 1/4″ thick).
- Bake 8-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, then refrigerate 5-10 minutes until toffee is firm enough to separate from the sides of the pie plates.
- Remove toffee and cut into 16 wedges.
- Melt chocolate chips and spread on wedges.
Shop & Support
Support Local Businesses & Artisans