- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound leftover cooked salmon (such as Up River Salmon page 000)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped cornichons or gherkins (but not sweet gherkins, you want sour here)
- 8 slices multigrain bread, lightly toasted
- ½ cup thinly sliced English or other seedless cucumber
- 2 big handfuls baby arugula
- In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, dried dill, granulated onion and some salt and pepper. Flake in the salmon in large chunks and add the celery and cornichons. Toss gently with a fork, just to lightly dress the salmon without breaking it up too much. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lay out 4 slices of bread and top each with the sliced cucumbers, a scoop of salmon salad, and some arugula. Top with the remaining bread and cut each sandwich in half with a serrated knife.