Loading cart contents...
Lawn Chicken Salad
- 2 bone in, skin on chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 10 cups mixed baby greens (arugula, baby spinach, baby kale, baby romaine, etc…)
- ½ English cucumber, diced 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- Put the chicken breasts, skin side up, in a pot just large enough to hold them. Add enough water so that the chicken is covered by 2 inches and drop in the garlic cloves. Bring the water to a gentle simmer and cook until the chicken is just cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the chicken cool in the poaching liquid. Remove the skin and bones and chop or tear the chicken into small chunks. (You can save the poaching liquid for a soup stock.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, honey, curry and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the chives. Refrigerate while you assemble the rest of the salad.
- Place the greens on a large platter and top with the chicken, cucumber, avocado, radishes, almonds and apricots. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper.