Loading cart contents...
Perfect Prime Rib
- 1 (5 pound) boneless rib eye roast, with a fat cap, tied by your butcher
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 /4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- An hour before you are ready to cook the roast, remove it from the refrigerator. Put it on a large platter or rimmed sheet pan and rub it all over with the granulated garlic and onion. Season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and Worcestershire sauce and rub that in as well, turning to coat the roast. Let sit at room temperature for an hour, rolling it around occasionally to make sure it picks up the seasonings.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Put the roast in a roasting pan and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until the fat on the top of the roast is well browned. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and roast until the internal temperature of the meat is 120 degrees (for medium rare), about 30 to 40 minutes more. Remove from oven and let rest on a cutting board for 30 minutes. The temperature will continue to go up another 10 degrees or so as it rests out of the oven.
- Untie the roast, discard the strings and carve into slices.