Loading cart contents...
Orzo Salad with Spring Peas and Cream Herb Dressing
- 12 ounces orzo Kosher salt 2 cups fresh shelled (or frozen) peas
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved crosswise (about 1 ½ cups)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and boil for 5 minutes. Add the peas and boil for 3 minutes more. Finally, add the sugar snap peas and cook until the sugar snap peas and the orzo are just tender, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Drain and rinse the orzo and vegetables under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well and pat dry. Pour the orzo and vegetables into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice and zest. Whisk in the olive oil to make a smooth dressing and stir in the herbs.
- Drizzle the dressing over the orzo and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve. The salad can also be made earlier in the day and refrigerated, though you may need to loosen it up with a bit of buttermilk before serving.