Loading cart contents...
Carefree Crab and Horseradish Bake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces crabmeat, picked over for shells
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely crushed butter crackers (such as Ritz), plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, horseradish and Old Bay until relatively smooth. Sprinkle with the lemon juice, add the crab and gently fold it in.
- Stir in the scallions and bell pepper until just combined. Spread the mixture into a 1 quart oval baking dish.
- In a small bowl, toss the cracker crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle over the top of the baking dish.
- Bake until brown and bubbly, about 15 to 17 minutes.